Local Weather


For more widgets please visit www.yourminis.com


Deputy Mayor and Ward 1 City Council Member Mary Ann Thompson is looking for your vote for re-election on November 3rd!!

Date of Birth: November 21, 1945

Married to Randol C. Thompson for 27 years

Carlisle resident for 41 years

Education: Sinclair Community College – Business Management

Retired 2001 – Standard Register Co, as Mgr of ISG Services, with 34 years service.

Dear Citizens of Carlisle,

For the last 20 years it has been my honor to serve as your City Council Representative for Ward 1, with the last 6 years as your Deputy Mayor. I can only express my gratitude and the rewards I have felt in being able to be a part of and make a difference in helping guide the City of Carlisle to new heights. During my tenure as your City Council Ward 1 representative, I have also served in many other capacities to grow this great city.

  • Planning Commission – (22 years)
  • Park Board – (15 years)
  • City Finance Committee – (15 years)
  • Chairman of the Personnel board – (5 years)
  • Organizing the Annual Santa Breakfasts - (10 years)
  • Organizing Christmas Tree Lightings – (15 years)
  • Hot Dog Roast to Benefit the Park Board – (4 years)
  • Golf Tournaments to Benefit the Park Board – (14 years)
  • Executive Board of the Rail Road Days Committee (15 years)
  • Lead Organizer of the Rail Road Day Parade – (15 years)
  • Warren County Municipal League, as Past President and Current Secretary/Treasurer (12 years)

Part of my role as your City Council Representative and Deputy Mayor is to make sure this great city prospers among the numerous cities located in Warren County and the State of Ohio. I was appointed 3 years ago as one of 3 Ohio representatives to serve on the National Human Development Steering Committee. This year I was also appointed to serve as Carlisle’s representative on the National Small Cities Council. Serving on these National Committees brings us additional knowledge and helps Carlisle solve similar problems while bringing recognition to our city on a National level.

All incumbents, including myself, have managed to keep our city in a positive financial position relative to the economic challenges facing many communities today. I think the decisions and actions made have always shown that heartfelt commitment to this community. We hope everyone feels that it is in the best interest of the community to keep experienced Council Members, so that we can continue down the path to what we all want - a great place to call home.

I am extremely proud of our community and want to continue to be a part of its growth.

I am asking for your support at the upcoming November 3rd election. I am ready to continue doing what I can to serve this great community for another 4 years.

You can contact me via my e-mail, mat280@aol.com or by phone, 746-1260. Visit my website, www.votemaryannthompson.comfor my biography, my community activities. And my comments on the issues.

Mary Ann Thompson

Deputy Mayor, City of Carlisle

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Support/Sponsor Carlisle Daily

Story Idea...Call Us!!

Do you have a story idea? Do you like to write? Do reviews? Then we are looking for you. We accept entries from guest writers daily and would love to have you contribute to the community site!

Not a writer, but have a story or an idea of a story, then shoot us an email and let us know what ideas or stories you have!

Email by clicking here or copying and pasting carlisledaily@gmail.com

Subscribe by Email