Local Weather


For more widgets please visit www.yourminis.com

There has been much to wonder why Carlisle Daily did not tackle some of the major issues that have surfaced recently in our community.  So being just a one person blogger with not much concern of proper grammar that some might like to see, I have created three reasons why I have not.

1.  I didn't want too, plain and simple.  It could have helped ignite visits to the site that would have been off the chart allowing me to be able to show some pretty lofty traffic numbers to advertisers and sponsors.  But the simple fact that I did not even want to address the issues is the biggest reason.  With my limited time I wanted to make sure I was doing this site for the right reason.

Now let's say if I wanted to...

2.  I did not have time.  I am just now going full time with this site.  It has only been live since May 2009.  I have been blessed with some writers, photographers, and video guys to lend some things here and there but primarily it has been me, a full time job, and a full time family trying to produce these articles.  The issues we have had in our community truly would need a full time investigative reporter gathering pretty hard facts before they decided to flaunt their articles to the world.  I did not have that time nor the means to hire someone who could.  Therefore it is not proper for us to blog about things we do not know!

3.  The He said, She said game.  This would be the biggest reason for not even posting anything about the issues that have arised in Carlisle.  We all know our roots and sometimes they are rotten.  The He said, She said would have been easy to publish.  Again, this would have also inflated my traffic therefore giving me a great deal of popularity.

Call me old fashion though...I would rather read about facts and not the Enquirer.  I am a nerd that way.  And I believe if you are going to report on issues as large as the ones we have seen in Carlisle you better have all your i's dotted and t's crossed.  If not, then why report on He said, She said!

This however, has caused me to think about the future of CarlisleDaily.com and TheVoiceofMiamiValley.com.  It has given me inspiration to get out and start really giving this site a chance.  I am going full time and going to work on getting to every meeting, school event, and business ventures that I can so that our Community has a true source of information, news, school sports, and anything else I can tackle.

Thank you all for your readership and support of the site!  Look for awesome things in 2010!!

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Comments

2 Response to 'Carlisle Daily not reporting....'

  1. Chad Johnson
    http://carlisledaily-city.blogspot.com/2010/03/carlisle-daily-not-reporting.html?showComment=1269559550101#c367001971373143783'> March 25, 2010 at 4:25 PM

    This is a very well written article. I hope you will be effective in bringing true journalism to us, your readers.

     

  2. Heather Ortez-Glover
    http://carlisledaily-city.blogspot.com/2010/03/carlisle-daily-not-reporting.html?showComment=1269566294633#c5350242133074348014'> March 25, 2010 at 6:18 PM

    I am with you 100%. I have made the commitment to also become more involved and put actions to words. I look forwarded to seeing you within our community.

     

Post a Comment

Support/Sponsor Carlisle Daily

Story Idea...Call Us!!

Do you have a story idea? Do you like to write? Do reviews? Then we are looking for you. We accept entries from guest writers daily and would love to have you contribute to the community site!

Not a writer, but have a story or an idea of a story, then shoot us an email and let us know what ideas or stories you have!

Email by clicking here or copying and pasting carlisledaily@gmail.com

Subscribe by Email